Thursday, February 14, 2019
14 Marshall Health physicians named to “America’s Top Doctors”® list
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Fourteen physicians from the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine and Marshall Health have been recognized by their peers as among the best in their specialties.
Doctors included in Castle Connolly's annual Top Doctor® listings were selected after peer nomination, extensive research and careful review and screening by the organization’s doctor-directed research team. Doctors do not and cannot pay to be listed as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor.
“Our physicians at Marshall are exceptional clinicians who provide outstanding care,” said Joseph I. Shapiro, M.D., dean of the school of medicine and a Castle Connolly 2019 Top Doctor. “I’m thrilled to see their commitment and skill recognized on a national stage.”
The Marshall physicians recognized by Castle Connolly include:
- Felix Cheung, M.D., orthopaedic surgery
- Mehiar El-Hamdani, M.D., cardiovascular disease
- Russell L. Fry II, M.D., ophthalmology
- Curtis W. Harrison Jr., M.D., surgery
- Suzanne Holroyd, M.D., geriatric psychiatry
- John J. Jasko, M.D., sports medicine
- Zeid Khitan, M.D., nephrology
- Deborah Klimek, M.D., pediatric ophthalmology
- Ali Oliashirazi, M.D., orthopaedics
- Jacqueline R. Ray, M.D., pediatrics
- Peter D. Ray, M.D., plastic surgery
- Joseph I. Shapiro, M.D., nephrology
- Meagan W. Shepherd, M.D., allergy and immunology
- Rebecca Wolfer, M.D., thoracic and cardiac surgery
The Castle Connolly physician-led research team makes tens of thousands of phone calls each year, talking with leading specialists, chairs of clinical departments and vice presidents of medical affairs, seeking to gather further information regarding the top specialists for most diseases and procedures. Each year, Castle Connolly receives nearly 100,000 nominations via this process.
For more information about the selection process, please visit www.castleconnolly.com. For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of these physicians, please contact Marshall Health at 304-691-1600 or visit www.marshallhealth.org.