Thursday, July 13, 2017
The West Virginia Department of Education recently announced the expansion of Policy 2423 (sections 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3) regarding health care requirements for new school entrants. The expansion extends entrant requirements to students entering the 7th grade of the 2017/2018 school year. The requirements of Policy 2423 now apply to:
- New entrants into Pre-K or Kindergarten or any WV public school for the first time,
- Students entering the 2nd grade, and
- Students entering the 7th grade.
These students must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of dental examination through an examination form signed by the student’s dentist and completed within the prior 12 calendar months prior to the start of school.
- Show proof of a completed HealthCheck examination or comprehensive health screening comparable to the HealthCheck protocol.
- All students entering the 7th and 12th grades must show up-to-date Tdap and meningococcal vaccinations.
The first day of school in Cabell County is Aug. 10. Kanawha County starts Aug. 14. Mason and Putnam counties start Aug. 17. Wayne County starts Aug. 24. These records must be provided to the school before this date.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Marshall Pediatrics at 304-691-1300 or Marshall Family Medicine at 304-691-1000. Walk-in hours available.
Pediatric dental care is also available at Marshall Dentistry & Oral Surgery. Call 304-691-1247 to schedule an appointment or just walk in.