The ultimate step of research is the sharing of knowledge; through publishing in regional, national, and international medical journals, our faculty members disseminate ideas, methodologies, and findings to a large audience within both family medicine and the broader medical community. The following are some of our faculty members’ most recent publications.
- Nair, D., Dr., Vaughan, F., Dr., & Bennett, K., Dr. (2017). A Chart Review of Acute Care Inter-Hospital Transfers form Rural WV Hospitals. Mar,3(1), 47-56. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- Ranavaya, M., Dr. (2017). Empowering Ability in Disability--Avoiding the Web of Disability. Marshall Journal of Medicine,3(1), 14-17. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- Becher, K., M.D. (2017, January). Ensuring Appropriate Care When Views of Physician, Patient Collide. 12-13.
- Franks, A. M., Guzzo, R., Barker, S., & King-Mallory, R. (2016). Progressive Supranuclear Palsy – A Case Study from the Perspective of a Primary Care Physician Son. West Virginia Medical Journal -OA, 1-3.
- Nair D, Harrell L, Germani, R. Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma: A Rare Cause of Epistaxis. WVMJ OA 2016;1(24).
- Huntington MK, Allison J, Nair D, “Emerging Vector-Borne Diseases”. American Family Physician. 2016 10 1: Volume 94 (7): pp. 551-557
- Roberts J, Rupp D, Petrizzi M. Foot Injuries. Muscluloskeletal and Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Practitioner 4th Edition. 2016
- Becher K. In Family Medicine, Sometimes the Hoofbeats Are Zebras. 2016
- Kozakowski SM, Becher K, Hinkle T, Blackwelder R, Knight C, Pugno P. Responses to Medical Students’ Frequently Asked Questions About Family Medicine. 2016.
- Liaw W, Bazemore A, Xierali I, Walden J, Diller P. Impact of Global Health Experiences During Residency on Graduate Practice Location: A Multisite Cohort Study. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. Vol. 6, No. 3. September, 2014.
- Rondeinelli R, Ranavaya M. Current American Medical Association Guidelines for Evaluating Musculoskeletal Impairment at Maximum Medical Improvement. Chapter 17 in Gatchel et Al. Musculoskeletal Disorder in the Workplace. August, 2014.
- Pewen W. HIPAA. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Big Data. (In press).
- Petrany S M, Christiansen M. Knowledge and Perceptions of the Affordable Care Act by Uninsured Patients at a Free Clinic. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. May, 2014.
- Nair D. Traveler’s Diarrhea: Prevention, Treatment, and Post-trip Evaluation. Clinician Reviews. 2014.
- Walden J. Jungle Travel and Survival. Wilderness Medicine. 2014.
- Rondinelli R, Ranavaya M. Practical Aspects of Impairment Rating and Disability Determination. Braddom’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2014.
- Rondinelli R, Ranavaya M. Disability Assessment. Chapter 17 In Benson HT, et. Al. Practical Management of Pain. 2014.
- Rondinelli R, Ranavaya M. Current Medical Association Guidelines for Evaluating Musculoskeletal Impairment at Maximum Medical Improvement. Handbook of Musculoskeletal Pain and Disability Disorders in the Workplace. 2014.
- Nair D. A Dream. Family Medicine. 2014
- Goldstein M, Pewen W. The HIPAA Omnibus Rule: Implications for Public Health Policy and Practice. Public Health Reports. 2013.
- Franks A, Shapiro J. Simple Acid-Base Disorders: Metabolic Acidosis. Nephrology in 30 Days. October, 2013
- Petrany S M. Meaningful Scut Work. Family Medicine. September, 2013.
- Petrany S M. Hoping to Inspire. Academic Medicine (Web). August, 2013.
- Nair D. What Does It Really Take to Evaluate Complementary and Alternative Medicine Therapies? Medical Science Educator. August, 2013.
- Nair D. Gibbs M M. Inter-hospital Transfer from Rural hospitals to an Academic Medical Center. West Virginia Medical Journal. July 2013.
- Nair D. Traveler’s Diarrhea: Prevention, Treatment, and Post-trip Evaluation. Journal of Family Practice. July, 2013.
Publication list updated 2017.
For access to full-text articles or to contact one of our faculty authors, please call our research assistant at 304-691-1123.